Sunday, October 31, 2004

Reality Bites!!

Do you ever get this feeling, when you're doing something, and suddenly realize that you've imagined/dreamt/foreseen yourself doing that exact same thing?.It happens to me all the time. I remember the last time pretty clearly too, an economics test, and when I came to that class, I knew I'd done this before in my dreams(not on the day before the exam)!!. Strange eh?.

Oh!No! I didn't ace the test, I forgot to look at the solutions during my 'dream' run!!. Touching base with reality, got a couple of incidents to narrate!!.

1.The Taxi Ride!!
Me and a friend of mine were returning back after some nocturnal activities, It's 3.30 AM and we're in this cab heading back home. We're quite wasted, and then....

F : I feel like singing.

And launches in to some vague hindi song. I'm quite embarassed(Drunk that I'am) at this, I mean the taxi driver, the nice guy that he is, he probably wouldnt mind, but I felt my friend was taking it a bit too far. But I decided to humor him.
M:Lets save the singing for my place...
F: Whats your fav Hindi song?.
M: Ahh...hmmm....I dont listen to a lot of hindi....well..ok....Pehla Nasha....
F: Ohhh...Nice song....

And launches in to a horrendous rendition of the same. Now, I'm really irritated
M: Will you please stop it, lets not act drunk and crazy.
F: What's your problem?. You should sing when you want to, and thats what I'm doing The driver's ok with it. Yo Man, U're fine with it right, I know I dont have a great voice, but i'm sure you dont mind my singing...

Driver: ( Mumbles)..Yeah..(Actual Meaning-> You drunk #*@*#~, did you have to pick my cab)

And so my friend continues with his....'Pehlaaaaa Nasssshhh.........'.

M: Will you please stop it...
F: You dont like me singing eh?.
M: NO
F: Ok, could you stop the car......
Driver: Gladly....

My friend gets down, in the middle of nowhere, slams the door and walks away singing.

M: Could you drive me to @#$%%^^

And I come home, fix myself another drink, and get in to bed....Strangely, I didnt feel one bit bad about what'd happened. We'd both done what we'd wanted to do!!!.

2. The Interview!!

Now this one's funny, I'm watching this Football game, and the star of the Home team is being interviewed at half time.
MediaPerson:Whats the most important thing to you?
Star : Winning

The Media Person looks at the score board. It reads Home -> 4 Visitors -> 37

M:(Nonchalantly), Which team?









3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Does this M and F in "The Taxi ride" refer to Male and Female??

9:52 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Atlast you agree Buffalo Bulls suck. Yeah reality bites!!

10:01 PM  
Blogger therealbeedi said...

Hey this is really sad. We're(rouz) the only people who read our blogs. But anyway its better than nothing. Well i am trying to mug for an eco test tommorow.So if you could jump into my deja vu and tell me the questions it would be really helpful. Screw monetary policy and all central banks.

5:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

< ? indian bloggers # >