Friday, February 18, 2005

Artistic 'HIGH'

Untitled_Art

This 'Untitled' oil on canvas, was sold for 9 Million Indian Rupees.(215K $). I'm no art connoisseur, but after looking at it from (all) possible angles, all I can conclude is that
- I should give up interpreting 'Modern Art'....after all its 'modern' while I'm not!!.
- The 'artist' is a genius.
- Selling a non-existent 'painting' for 9 Million, and making a mockery of supposed 'art lovers', by aptly titling the same 'Untitled' -> Sheer Genius!!

But, If you do see something in this work of 'art', do let me know. I'd love to know if it actually means something.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Dei.. I feel the vertical red painting with black markings potrays a typical silent, non-representational style. Wow amazing picture da.. How did you manage to get it?

It seems to expose blood, and bones, and tissue. There's an element of passion in it. Hats off to this construction in colour.. it's really a internal harmonic life.

Really I am ashamed that I don't know enuf to appreciate the intricies of this astounding intuition. Edukko theriyuma karpoora vasanai? ;)

1:50 PM  
Blogger jack said...

funny :)

2:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

< ? indian bloggers # >